Expanded Coverage for Emergency Services Insurance Program
Effective May 1, 2015, we are excited to launch over 100 new enhancements to the Emergency Services Insurance Program (ESIP) policy. Part of our ongoing effort to provide all McNeil & Co. customers with the most comprehensive possible coverage and unparalleled service, this coverage will automatically be included on future quotes.
Key enhancements include:
- Added coverage for unmanned aircraft (i.e., drones) being used for firefighting, emergency rescue or emergency evacuation, including training for such use
- Guaranteed Replacement Cost for vehicles less than five years old
- Business Income coverage expanded to provide coverage from day one for fundraising events
- Software, Data and Valuable Papers coverage provided on an actual loss sustained basis
- Expanded coverage for the unintentional release of individually identifiable health information (IIHI) by adding a sublimit for fines and penalties assessed by a federal, state or local authority for a violation of statue or regulation involving the collection or distribution of IIHI (not available in all states)
Enhanced protections for emergency service organizations’ members include:
- Liability and physical damage coverage for emergency and non-emergency for members, including members’ vehicles, all-terrain vehicles, watercraft and snowmobiles
- Deductible reimbursement for members’ residences: in the event of damage to a member’s primary residence, while they are responding, and which is covered by his or her personal insurance, McNeil & Co. will reimburse the member for the deductible
- Rental reimbursement for a member’s vehicles: McNeil & Co. will pay to rent a substitute vehicle if a member’s personal vehicle is damaged during an emergency or non-emergency event
For a complete list of enhancements or to inquire about applying enhancements to a current policy or outstanding quote, contact your agent or a McNeil & Co. marketing representative.