Job Title: Territory Sales Manager – Northeast Region
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Solicit new business from agents and maintain current business levels by meeting territory volume objectives. Maintaining and growing a relationship between McNeil & Company, potential agents, current agents, and internal customers. Direct contact with clients is a must to facilitate the cultivation of new business. This position will be on behalf of McNeil & Co. or entity to be determined.
• Create new broker relationships for optimal long-term growth of business while maintaining current broker relationships in assigned territory.
• Management of a business plan, which would be reviewed on a quarterly basis.
• Schedule appointments, make sales presentations and policy reviews.
• Attend Conventions and Business Shows (some weekends).
• Regularly communicate with agents and insureds regarding new products and services, company changes, program changes, and new sales opportunities.
• Develop knowledge of complete product line including, but not limited to: Property & Casualty, Accident & Sickness, Group Life, Service Awards.
• Extensive travel is a must in this position (50 – 75%).
• Work closely with Underwriters, as well as various administrative functions/positions.
• Direct solicitation of accounts to generate business/leads for broker network.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including formal presentation skills before both large and small groups are a must.
• Establishes and achieves production and profitability goals within the local territory by identifying key agents, new business opportunities, and new agency appointments.
• Solid insurance industry knowledge as it applies to business development and determining business opportunity.
• BS/BA in business administration, marketing, communications or relevant field; Must hold at least Property & Casualty licenses, and Life and Accident and Health.
• Five years or more in the insurance industry in a Sales/Marketing capacity preferred, with demonstrated sales, problem solving, and negotiation skills, preferably in the program business field.