- Create new broker relationships for optimal long-term growth of business while maintaining current broker relationships in assigned territory.
- Management of a business plan, which would be reviewed on a quarterly basis.
- Schedule appointments, make sales presentations and policy reviews.
- Attend Conventions and Business Shows (some weekends).
- Regularly communicate with agents and insureds regarding new products and services, company changes, program changes, and new sales opportunities.
- Develop knowledge of complete product line including, but not limited to: Property & Casualty, Accident & Sickness, Group Life, Service Awards.
- Extensive travel is a must in this position (50 – 75%).
- Work closely with Underwriters, as well as various administrative functions/positions.
- Direct solicitation of accounts to generate business/leads for broker network.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including formal presentation skills before both large and small groups are a must.
- Establishes and achieves production and profitability goals within the local territory by identifying key agents, new business opportunities, and new agency appointments.
- Solid insurance industry knowledge as it applies to business development and determining business opportunity.
BS/BA in business administration, marketing, communications or relevant field; Must hold at least Property & Casualty licenses, and Life and Accident and Health.
Five years or more in the insurance industry in a Sales/Marketing capacity preferred, with demonstrated sales, problem solving, and negotiation skills, preferably in the program business field.Apply Now