The Commercial Lines Policy Analyst supports the underwriting department by analyzing and reviewing policies for accuracy and completeness, identifies discrepancies and makes corrections before issuing policies.
- Analyze and review policies for accuracy and completeness. Identify discrepancies and correct as required before issuing policies.
- Process consumer requests such as: proposals, policy changes, certificates, binders, premium breakdowns, etc.
- Request, receive, and process underwriting documents, such as: UM/UIM election forms, Statements of Values, etc.
- Prepare renewal cover sheets so that the Underwriter can present renewal quotes to brokers at least 30 days prior to renewal.
- Prepare renewal cover sheets for renewals that require management or company approval so that the Underwriter can have them quoted and referred at least 90 days before renewal.
- Prepare building valuations, flood zone determinations, specific property rating information and other processes required in preparation of cover sheets.
- Maintaining open communications and build relationships with brokers to improve and sustain the flow of required information.
- Maintain familiarity with procedures regarding the handling of UM/UIM forms and their associated sources of information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree or college level insurance classes preferred.
- Associated classes or courses and/or industry license or designation.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to manage priorities of work, maintaining required production levels.
- Ability to comply with accepted practices and guidelines.
- Meet expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Computer experience in a windows-based environment required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Manage phone and email communication with Associates and agents.
- Experience using other office equipment.