Job Title: Account Manager – Northeast Region
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Resides: Cortland, NY
Supervisor: Chief Marketing Officer
This position is primarily responsible for the management and administration of McNeil & Co.’s established direct book of business. Secondarily, this position is responsible for growing McNeil’s programs with new and existing customers to create and maintain a pipeline of opportunities. This position will be on behalf of McNeil & Co. or entity to be determined.
• Handle non-renewal and cancellations, and prepare new business and renewal proposals for presentation to the customers.
• Marketing and processing renewals, new business, ordering and issuing binders and certificates as well as endorsements and policy documents within designated timelines.
• Conduct consultative conversations with client base—answer and return phone calls and emails to customers.
• Further develop and implement process and procedures to improve operational efficiency.
• Maintain, build, and expand customer relationships via telephone, email or other electronic means to cultivate leads for broker network.
• Gather and relay competitive market intelligence to Territory Sales Managers, including following up on lost business as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Insurance Experience in Customer Service or Account Management for 3 years or more, including Property & Casualty and Life & Health Insurance License in New York State.
• Relevant knowledge of insurance products, documents and usages.
• Excellent oral and written communication and time management skills.
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignment to completion.
• Meet expectations for attendance and punctuality.
• Positive attitude and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Five years or more in the insurance industry in an Account Manager capacity.